At Langdon Park School the Governing Body consists of 10 Governors:
- One parent governor
- One Local Authority Governor
- One staff Governor
- One Headteacher
- Six Co-Opted Governors from both the public and private sectors bringing a wealth of skills from business, finance and education.
We warmly invite anyone interested in becoming a Parent Governor to contact the school through Ms Sue Isaac (Headteachers P.A) on email@example.com
In keeping with regulations governors attendance in committee meetings is recorded. Governors support the school and hold it to account as 'Critical Friends'. They receive regular reports from the Headteacher and senior staff on all aspects of school life and may monitor the school's progress against it's targets.
Governors help the Headteacher to plan for the future as strategic partners and are responsible for setting the annual budget and for monitoring how it is spent.
Governors keep up to date through papers sent by the clerk, discussions with the Head teacher and senior staff and through attending training.
Tower Hamlets runs an induction course for new governors which they are strongly recommended to attend.
The Borough provides a range of other optional courses for governors which are published each term, all of these courses are free to governors including the annual Tower Hamlets Governors Conference in November.
From time to time other training sessions take place to increase our understanding of the school’s priorities. These have been very well attended and received.
Langdon Park Governors
- Stephen Purse - 4thJuly 2018 – 3rdJuly 2022 (Chair)
- Dee Bleach - 20thMarch 2017 – 19thMarch 2021
- Tom Bell – 8thMay 2017 – 7thMay 2021
- Chun Lok - 27thSeptember 2018 – 26thSeptember 2021
- Jamie Lewis – September 2018 – September 2021
- Nick Langham – 1stSeptember 2017
- Sarah-Jane Gordon –30thNovember 2018 – November 2021
- Nilu Begum –2ndNovember 2018 – November 2021
- One vacancy
- Paul Bargery – 23rdMarch 2016 – 22ndMarch 2020