What is SafeToNet?
As a response to this year’s unprecedented Covid pandemic, more and more children are spending time alone on their devices or have been gifted personal devices to help with their online learning. To combat this increased risk, the SafeToNet Foundation is making available 1 million licences of SafeToNet’s safeguarding software free for life to UK families.
SafeToNet is an app for parents that helps safeguard their children from online risks like cyberbullying and sexting, whilst respecting the child’s rights to privacy. It also gives children wellbeing exercises to help deal with issues such as stress, fear and anxiety.
Parents have until midnight on the 1st September to register their details and until the 30th of August to activate the App on their smartphone or tablet.
As always at Langdon Park School, we encourage parents to:
- Continue to talk to your child about their online activity
- Set boundaries for how long your child is spending online
- Show interest in your child’s games & websites that they frequently use
- Know which apps are installed on your child’s device
- Encourage your child to talk to you or another family member if they ever feel uncomfortable online