Tower Hamlets Family Matters
Get ready for the Tower Hamlets Parent Conference
Families Matter – The Road Ahead
Tuesday 16, Wednesday 17 and Thursday 18 March 2021
- A conference planned with parents for parents.
- As the government announces the ‘roadmap’ to cautiously ease lockdown restrictions in the months ahead, the Parent & Family Support Service welcomes parents, carers and guardians to join the first virtual conference with keynote speakers, webinars and workshops taking place over 3 days to fit in with busy family life.
- Booking information will be released shortly.
- To be emailed an alert when the booking process opens, email email@example.com to register your interest.
Support for parents to help children catch up on lost learning
- Following the announcement of the reopening of schools on the 8th March it is vital for schools to re-integrate parents into school life so they too can support their children. The Parental Engagement Team have designed a series of interactive workshops that enhance classroom learning and reinforce key concepts children may need to re-visit, exploring with parents what children are learning and giving them the confidence and skills to help consolidate learning at home to help children catch up
- We have a range of universal and targeted services to support families and schools including our recovery package which covers reading, literacy , communication and maths and emotional well-being
- All our sessions are available as part of our blended programme of activities and support for parents and schools
- Our Family Support Practitioner programme has been developed further to support schools to engage and support the most vulnerable as the next few months may continue to be just as challenging for some children and families.
- If you would like to discuss parental engagement and family support and explore the options available to your school and families please visit services to schools portal
Or contact Denise.Defirstname.lastname@example.org Schools and Families Team Manager
- As children head back to school we look forward to working with schools and supporting children integrate back into school life and supporting families into the ‘new-normal’.
Easter food and activities available to free school meal eligible children and those at risk of food poverty
Has your school signed up to the Easter recipe box programme?
- LBTH has received a grant to cover six weeks of provision; one at Easter, four during summer, and one over Christmas.
- For Easter we will provide boxes of ingredients alongside a recipe pack, with some virtual cooking lessons so children and families can cook healthy meals together.
- Each family will also receive a Healthy Active Families booklet filled with fun and creative things for families to do together over the holidays as well as links to different support services.
Schools have the best knowledge of vulnerable families at risk of food poverty over the holidays, as well as those on FSM, so we are asking you to encourage families to register
All parents need to do is provide their name and address, which school they are at, and how many children they have
- We must receive responses from parents by 5 March 2021 in order to guarantee delivery.
- If you would like your school to be involved, email HAF@towerhamlets.gov.uk and tell us:
- That you can you distribute a sign-up link to the parents you deem to be at risk of food poverty
- Whether or not you will be able to have parents collect boxes from your school in the week before Easter
- IF YES to 1 & 2: Whether you need any volunteering support?
We will then be in touch with the information and a sign-up link for parents.