Exam Resits Guidelines
Post results Services - GCSEs & A Level – Review of Marking, Enquiries about Results (EARs) and Access to Scripts (ATS) Policy 2022-2023
Re-mark requests within the following thresholds will be accepted; at the schools’ expense.
Remark -1 or 2 from the grade above A*-E
-1 from a 7
-1 from a 5
-1 or 2 from a 4
Faculties/candidates are free to pay for remarks outside the above thresholds.
- Details of the process and costs are available from the Exams Officer and the school’s Main Office on or after the results day.
- Charges are calculated by using the Awarding Body’s fee to include an administration fee (review of marking fee per component/ unit for GCSEs, BTEC and A Level)
- Candidates make all payments in cash and a receipt will be provided.
- Application forms are returned to the Examinations Officer who makes the applications using the Awarding Bodies’ required processes.
- Results of requests are returned via school email accounts, personal accounts if a school account is no longer available or the student can collect from main reception.
EARs may be requested by staff or candidates if there are reasonable grounds for believing there has been an error in marking.
When the school does not uphold an EAR, a candidate may apply to have an enquiry carried out. If a candidate requires this against the advice of subject staff, they will be charged.
School staff may also request scripts for investigation or for teaching purposes. Access to Scripts consent from the candidates must be obtained.
GCSE re-marks cannot be applied for once a script has been returned.