Free School Meals
If you need to apply for Free School Meals please use the link link below takes you directly to the site to make an application for FSM
Tower Hamlets benefits service is responsible for administering claims for free school meals on behalf of the council’s education department.
They are available to children attending schools within Tower Hamlets whose parents (or guardian) are either:
- receiving income support
- receiving income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- receiving the guarantee credit of pension credit
- receiving income-related employment and support allowance
- in receipt of support from NASS (national Asylum Support Service)
- have an income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, of less than £15575 a year (this is called the threshold amount) and who do not get working tax credit but do get child tax credit
Please note you do not have to be claiming housing benefit or council tax benefit in order to make a claim for free school meals for your dependent children.
For further information please contact the Benefits Service on 020 7364 5001, or by clicking on the link below.