At Langdon Park School the Governing Body consists of 12 Governors:
- Two Parent Governors
- One Local Authority Governor
- One staff Governor
- One Headteacher
- Nine Co-Opted Governors from both the public and private sectors bringing a wealth of skills from business, finance and education.
- One Associate Member
We warmly invite anyone interested in becoming a Parent Governor to contact the school through Ms Sue Isaac (Headteachers P.A) on email@example.com or click on link to the right 'Parent Governors'
In keeping with regulations governors attendance in committee meetings is recorded. Governors support the school and hold it to account as 'Critical Friends'. They receive regular reports from the Headteacher and senior staff on all aspects of school life and may monitor the school's progress against it's targets.
Governors help the Headteacher to plan for the future as strategic partners and are responsible for setting the annual budget and for monitoring how it is spent.
Governors keep up to date through papers sent by the clerk, discussions with the Head teacher and senior staff and through attending training.
Tower Hamlets runs an induction course for new governors which they are strongly recommended to attend.
The Borough provides a range of other optional courses for governors which are published each term, all of these courses are free to governors including the annual Tower Hamlets Governors Conference in November.
From time to time other training sessions take place to increase our understanding of the school’s priorities. These have been very well attended and received.
If you wish to contact any of our Governors please email Sue Isaac (Headteacher's P.A) firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02079874811 ext 202
Langdon Park Governors
- Helen Witty - 16th January 2020 - 15th January 2024 (Chair)
- Dee Bleach - 20th March 2021– 19th March 2025
- Tom Bell – 8th May 2021 – 7th May 2025
- Chun Lok - 27th September 2018 – 26th September 2022
- Syed Uddin - 16th January 2020 - 15th January 2024
- Imran Khan - 16th January 2020 - 15th January 2024
- Katherine Tunnadine - 23rd September 2020 - 22nd September 2024
- Danton Bounds - 23rd September 2020 - 22nd September 2024
- Scott McCrory - 14th January 2021 - 20th January 2025
- Nick Langham – 1stSeptember 2017
- Farah Hampton - 22nd October 2021 - 21st October 2025
- Nauman Iqbal - 24th January 2020 - 23rd January 2023
- Paul Bargery – 24th January 2020 – 23rd January 2024
Please click on links below to meet our Governors