Parent Governors who are voted onto the governing body by other parents of children who attend the school. Parent governors play an important role in shaping the education and experience of their children at Langdon Park School.
- Vacancy - Please see below
- Nauman Iqbal - 24th January 2020 - 23rd January 2024
PARENT GOVERNOR ELECTION
I am writing to you to invite you to stand for election as a parent governor, or nominate another parent to do so. In our school we have provision for 2 parent governors and there is currently 1 vacancy
The governing body, with the headteacher, has overall responsibility for the running of the school. Governing bodies have three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
- No special qualifications are needed, and the most important thing is to have a keen interest in the school and be prepared to play an active part in the governing body’s work. Training is available for all governors and this governing body has an expectation that those new to being a governor, attend free induction training.
The conditions sheet (attached below) summarises the circumstances under which someone cannot serve as a governor. In addition, parents/carers who have paid employment in the school for 500 or more hours per academic year or who are elected members of the Local Authority, are not eligible to stand in these elections. Nominations must be from parents or carers with children at the school on the day that nominations close.
If you would like to stand for election please complete the nomination form (attached below) and return it to the school. You may also include a short personal statement to support your nomination, which should be no longer than 250 words. Self-nominations will be accepted but if you are nominating another parent, please seek their prior consent.
If there are more nominations than vacancies, the election will be by secret ballot. If that is necessary, voting papers will be sent to all parents together with details of the ballot procedure.
Sue Isaac (Headteachers P.A)
If you would like to contact any of our governors, please email P.A to the Headteacher: Sue Isaac - email@example.com