Skip to content ↓

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)

How we support children/young people with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities.

Our Vision:

We are a community school that provides an aspirational learning environment for all our students, regardless of their specific needs.  We are committed to enabling all our students to achieve their full academic potential and to develop into an independent and confident member of society.

The web pages  comply with:

 Regulation 51 and schedule 1 of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014 (where applicable)


Section 6 of the Special Educational Needs and Disability code of practice: 0 to 25 years.

Who are the best people at school to talk to about my child’s SEN?

  • Subject teachers - responsible for planning the curriculum, differentiation and assessing your child’s progress.  
  • Form Tutor - responsible for personal and social development and health education. 
  • Ms M. Kampiwayo - Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) who has oversight of the day-to-day operation school's Special Educational Needs (SEN) provision to ensure that progress of pupils with SEN improves relative to those without SEN.  Contact:

Our SENCO co-ordinates support and interventions across the school, and from outside agencies. The SENCO will ensure that provision is made in accordance with the SEN and Disability Code of Practice.

Click this link for more information on Learning Support :

If you want to complain about a school’s SEN support, you should do it while your child is still registered at the school.

Make a complaint

Complaints about SEN provision in our school should be made to the SENCO in the first instance. They will then be referred to the school’s complaints policy.

The parents of pupils with disabilities have the right to make disability discrimination claims to the first-tier SEND tribunal if they believe that our school has discriminated against their children. They can make a claim about alleged discrimination regarding:

 Complaints that the school has not provided the support required by your child’s SEN statement or education, health and care (EHC) plan.